Monday, March 2, 2009

3 games in three nights...top 5 seniors

WOW. 3 games in 3 nights for me this weekend.

Friday I went and saw the rescheduled Foley vs Litch game. I think 5AA is pretty lopsided with 5 of the 7 best teams being in the South half, and this game helped prove that. Litch will be the 8 seed in the South and Foley no worse than the 4 in the North, and Litch could have easily won this game. It was good to see Laine Nelson hitting some jumpers again, and Nick Jansen is starting to play with the confidence I had hoped to see all year. Litch's best kid fouled out with 13 minutes to go, and still fought to get the game to OT. Foley too much in the OT and prevails in a 2 point win.

Saturday drove 2 plus hours with my father in law to go see Pelican Rapids vs. Staples Motley. Pelican Rapids is the best team in 2A, and much like I said mid January last year that NLS would win 2A, I am saying it about Pelican this year. Ty Storrenstun and Eric Shulstad are two of the top 15 players in all of 2A, and their role guys( I call them the 3 name guys) Michael Skaj Anderson, and Erik arland olsen are very good as well. It's 16-3 Pelican before I blinked, and it never really got closer. Staples is a year away. Ty with 32 and 12 and Eric with 33 and 8. We also had to stand in line for tickets, and sit through the whole JV game.

Sunday- Wolves and Rockets 200 dollar seats, the wife and I went, and the TC has no atmosphere, it was like being at a bad state tournament game. It was awful, and Mchale let that game get away from him. I know they are grown men, but you give up layup after layup, and take bad shot after bad shot, you need to sit them down or tell them about it. I still love the Wolves.

1 comment:

AubidadedBallad said...

I wish I was at their games.. Seeing it on the Tv set wasnt really as exciting..
Being there with adrenaline fully pumped into your vains really tells a lot about how much love we really have for the game. I guess its in our hearts to feel the players pain, the players game, and as a fan hope to make it to fame.. :)
Pelican Lights