Friday, December 12, 2008

Quick thoughts

Three games I wanted to talk about really quickly, although I wasn't at any of them.

Foley going to Mora and winning by 3. Down 9 at the half, in a tough environment, the Falcons just buckled down and guarded I am told. Congrats to the new coach on his first win, and to get it in such a tough environment, and with at Zimmerman and 4 straight home games, Foley looks like 5-1 at worst going into 2009. I know some people scoffed at how high I put the Falcons, but I knew how good their seniors were, and I knew the kind of player Nick Jansen is as well.

Congrats to Nate Miller also getting his first win last night as SCC defeated Melrose. Melrose has taken a couple on the chin early this year, but they will be back, too well coached not to. Also, Luke Januschka had 20 last night, I think it had something to do with working 16 hours this weekend running clocks for me. HA HA HA.

Lastly, Albany loses to Sauk Centre, on paper this shouldn't happen, but Sauk battles hard, and won on a buzzer beater by Berling. Nice win for the Streeters. In the other conference action LPGE beat Milaca by 18. Could be a rough season for the Wolves. Nathan Korfe had 35 for LPGE.

No comments: