Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Day 2 Predictions

So I went 8 for 10 on day 1, missing Duluth East over Rocori, and Concordia Academy over Pierz. I hit on the other 8. Here is hoping for another 8 out of 10.


Foley Tournament

I was at Night game last night and saw Sebeka lose to Foley(Led most of the game however). Sebeka ran out of gas against Foley, this was the first game I have ever seen where the lengthening of the game meant a change in the winner of that game. Had we been playing a 32 minute game, Sebeka would have pulled the upset. Congrats to Matt Feuling 6'4 Sr F Foley, on his 30 point game last night, Matt had a great spring/summer with our Comets North team this past year.

Becker vs. Sebeka- I think this is a chance for Becker to get the win, and send Sebeka packing for home with two losses. I just don't think Sebeka will have much left in the tank after losing that game last night, I think Becker will handle Sebeka's pressure and win by 7. Becker 74 Sebeka 67.

Foley vs. Rockford- Falcons are at home, and didn't play well last night save for Feuling, and a couple of their bench kids, I think they respond. Foley teams have rarely gotten outworked the way they did last night, and I think they bring a workman like effort to what will be a great game. Rockford is well coached and has experience, I don't expect it to be enough. Foley 65 Rockford 61.


SCC tourney

Litchfield vs. Melrose- Litch should have an advantage in this one. Melrose is hurting more this year than I expected. Look for Litch to get out quick, and win by a dozen or so. Litch 58 Melrose 46.

Pierz vs. Milaca- Pierz will be smarting after their loss to CA yesterday, I expect coach Stumpf to have them ready to go, I am going out on a limb and say Pierz keeps Milaca winless. Pierz 68 Milaca 41.

Sauk Rapids vs. Braham- Could be the game of the night, as I don't expect the other semifinal to be close. Jordan Christensen had better go for 25 if Sauk has a chance, Braham has shooters everywhere and Jonah Dahlman is playing very well. Braham in a close one 72-68.

SCC vs. CA- I expect a 20 point CA win, I don't think Cathedral can run with them, and I don't think SCC is one of the best 6 teams in this tourney, they get run out tonight, Big win by CA 88-67.

Granite City Classic-

Rocori vs. Monticello- OLD CLC matchup, I am taking the Spartans but this matchup is always tough, two defensive minded clubs. Backes will be the difference Rocori 57 Monti 52. These teams played a week ago and Monti won on their home floor, Rocori turns the tide tonight.

FL vs. Sartell- FL has too much, and scores inside and out, I think the Rangers expected to give Osseo a better game yesterday and will come ready to play today. Sartell takes it on the chin, and has had an incredibly tough draw. FL 74 Sartell 63

Washburn vs. Osseo- Suprised these two teams weren't on opposite halves of the bracket. I think no Hageman means Dower runs wild. Look for Osseo to go inside early and often. I will take the Orioles by 8. I know all of these kids know eachother so it could be a fantastic game. Osseo 78 Washburn 70

Apollo vs. Duluth East- I am taking the Eagles to get to their second straight final of the GCC. I think Garth/Frericks/Akubar can rotate on Starks, and Bergstrasser will be too much inside for East. Take Apollo by 10 81 to 71.



There you have it, i will check back tomorrow.

Monticello vs.

No comments: