Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Tournament 1st day predictions

I have been busy, and have spent the last month without a home PC, so my blogging has become erratic, after many trips to Best Buy, I think the new computer arrives on Wednesday. Anyways, a brief predicitons on the three local holiday tourneys for boys.

Foley Tournament

Rockford vs. Becker- not sure who to like here, as it should be a good matchup, Rockford has some nice size in Kyle Then and decent guard play. Becker has Andrew Nuemann, and a bunch of good juniors led by Mike Lindsey. I will take the Rockets in this one, but only by 4 67-63.

Foley vs. Sebeka- Foley is 4-0 and playing very good basketball, this is their chance to go to 6-0 as they draw two games versus teams they can and should beat. Sebeka is a year a way with both Harris(soph) and Cupherus(jr) coming back next year. I expect it to be very high scoring with the Falcons winning 82-66.

SCC Tourney

Litchfield vs. Braham- Two great programs, with some talent and fantastic coaching. This one could go either way, I am going to take Braham because in the matchup of the day, Jonah Dahlman takes care of Steve Hendrickson, Jonah just has a little more to his game. Braham 71 Litch 68.

Sauk Rapids vs. Melrose- I think Melrose is struggling a little bit, and Sauk smells blood in the water, they want to win today as neither game tomorrow will be easy. Look for Jordan Christensen to score inside/Out and Cody Meyer to be the difference with his ball pressure. SR 65 Melrose 52

Concordia Academy vs. Pierz- Maybe the best two teams in the tourney, and certainly two of the top 4. CA has Towle who Pierz will have to stop, and Pierz already has a win against DLS this year. I think Pierz wins by 10, with their defense being too much. Pierz 77 CA 67.

SCC vs. Milaca- Cathedral set themselves up nicely here, and I expect a big win for the host school. I think SCC has too many good athletes for Milaca, although I like Chaz Crotzer for the Wolves. SCC 78 Milaca 61

GCC

Forest Lake vs. Osseo- I think the Orioles with Kyle Mason, and Sam Dower win a slug fest, FL will try to play this game in the 50's Osseo in the 80's. Dower will be the difference, as he is the best big man to play on that court since John Williams. Osseo 75 FL68.

Apollo vs. Monticello- Consider me one guy who doesn't think Monti is as good as advertised, I think depth is an issue and Apollo will bring it at them in waves. Garth is an awful matchup for Monti. If Bigelow can get Bergstrasser in foul trouble, then it may tighten a bit. Apollo 81 Monticello 71.

Duluth East vs. Rocori- 2-3 and the flex works for Rocori, to slow down the game. I think Starks get's a few open jumpers, but no way DE hits enough other shots to keep Rocori from winning. Spartans 61 greyhounds 53

Washburn vs. Sartell- I think Washburn big, I expect the mercy rule to come into play. Get there early as there will be a ton of dunks. I love Dylan Hale's game. Washburn 91 Sartell 59

No comments: